Holy Trinity Edna Church "To the Glory of God" cairn was erected in 1969 in memory of the pioneers who built the church in 1900 and to the work and faith of those who followed.GPS: N50° 11.771' W99° 43.753'
1891 - 1950 S.D. No. 664
Established in 1891, the origional school was erected in 1892 on the site with teacherage and barn at a cost of $700. A wood frame one room school which served until 1930, at which time it was renovated. A basement ws installed with furnace and toilets.
The school served the district for educational and social purposes.
Due to consolidation, the school closed in 1949.
Erected in July 1987, the cairn was dedicated to the district pioneers, teachers, trustees and students.
Havelock School District No 1514 was organized in 1909-10 because of the increase in the population in the area a few miles south of Minnedosa, where a large number of Swedish families and other nationalities had recently settled. The school was built in 1910 at a cost of $1650 and opened for classes in April 1911. The school was located 3 miles south of Minnedosa on the west side of what is now Provincial Road 262. Because of the vote for a larger school district the school was closed in 1966. Mrs Vint was the last teacher to have the assignment at the Havelock school. Three generations of students had attended the school since 1910.
The cairn is dedicated to the memory of the pioneer families, teachers and Pupils. Their strength and courage, our heritage.
The Havelock School is now located in the Minnedosa Heritage Village.
November 4, 1904 – June 27, 1993
The original location of the Hunterville Church was at the junction of #10 and #24 highways, four miles east of Rapid City. The church was built on an acre of land donated by Mrs. W. Hunter thus the name Hunterville. It was built in 1904 and opened for services on November 4, 1904 as a Presbyterian Church. Services were held in the homes of the pioneers previous to the opening of the new church. Mr. George Grant donated a beautiful Communion Set. The first wedding in Hunterville Church, Grace McNaughton and George Grant, took place on Tuesday March 22, 1906.
The Church has been moved, and is now located in the Minnedosa Heritage Village.
The Moore Park School District No. 1008 was formed in 1911 from two other districts: North half of Aikenside No. 147 (N.E. 24-12-18) and all of Marlborough No. 1008 (12-13-18W. Odanah).
In 1911 a new two-room school was built of brick with a cement and fieldstone basement and a "bell-less" bell tower.
This school served the community for 56 years until 1967 when it was closed and the district was incorporated into Rolling River School Divison No. 39.
Through the years the students were transported by horse and van, by carm and later, by school division busses.
The carin was erected in 1994 on the origional site 6-13-17 Odanah to commemorate and honour the pioneers, students, teachers and trustees who served this district and community.
1914 - 1972
The cairn has been erected as a tribute to the pioneers who built the church and to all who worshipped and labored there until its closing. The church was formerly situated in the hamelt of Moorepark, where it served the community for 58 years. It has since been removed.
The cairn is dedicated to the memory of the families who settled in the Rookhurst District.
They built the first school No. 432 on the NE quarter of 36-13-18 in 1887 with classes, grade 1-8 commencing August 1st of that year.
The building also served as a meeting place for community events. Highlights being the annual Christmas concert, church services, and meetings of the Manitoba Grain Growers Association.
Special mention is made of the dedicated teachers who taught the pupils from 1887 to 1964 when the school closed.
A highlight of the Rookhurst District was the annual picnic. Its' popularity and interest prompted the trustees to purchase additional land to accomodate sporting events and to provide the pupils with additional space for athletic activities.
Cairn was erected in 1983 and dedicated to Roseneath S.D. 691.
1892 - 1966.
1883 - 1956
The cairn was erected to the glory of god and in memory of those pioneers who built on the site.
The church has since been movedto the Austin Museum.
1887 - First structure - called Oak Grove School #502 on the NE corner 30-13-18.
1892 - Moved to SE 36-13-19 and named Tremaine.
1915 - Last structure built on the east side of NE 25-13-19
1968 - Closed in June due to consolidation
The cairn pays tribute to the Tremaine pioneers (parents, teachers, trustees) who provided this community with their educational, cultural and social contributions.